- Wednesday, February 28, 2018
- Activities & Events
14 Romantic Activities in Estes Park
Planning a romantic couples retreat to Estes Park? With so many romantic activities in Estes Park to help make your stay special, we compiled a list of our top Estes Park date activities that are sure to add a little spark!
- Spend an evening with your loved one under the full moon. Grab your skis, snowshoes or hiking boots, depending on the season, and head outside for a guided moonlit outing under the stars.
- Grab a picnic lunch and head out for a romantic day in the park. Rocky Mountain National Park offers over 300 hiking trails to choose from, so you are sure to find one that best fits your skill level.
- Spend a leisurely afternoon taking the peak to peak scenic drive through the beautiful landscape of the Rocky Mountains. See sweeping views of Rocky Mountain National Park, Roosevelt National Park, and Indian Peaks Wilderness. The drive offers onlookers a chance to visit secluded lakes, old ghost towns and many hiking trails.
- Set your alarm clock early so you can head out and enjoy the solitude while catching the sunrise at Rocky Mountain National Park. Head to Sprague Lake for one of the best spots to watch the sun glow rise over the mountains.
- Wine and dine your special someone with a romantic steak dinner at Twin Owls Steakhouse. Set in a mountain rustic lodge with breathtaking views of the Rockies, this restaurant comes complete with a fireplace, making this one of the best place to enjoy a good meal and cozy up with the one you love.
- Cozy up to the bar with a crafty cocktail at The Whiskey Bar in the historic Stanley Hotel. The Whiskey Bar & Lounge offers lunch and dinner for visitors, but the real fun comes with their historic cocktail menu that is unlike any other. Choose from Colorado’s largest selection of whiskeys, that is sure to make you order more than just one!
- Enjoy a couples massage at Riverpoint Spa. Most spa services are available for couples massage, including body wraps and scrubs, facials, and massages.
- As Estes Park’s “sweetest” location, Munchin offers homemade ice cream in 40 different flavors. Plus, an excellent selection of sweets, candies, taffy, and baked goods. Take your sweetie here for the best way to satisfy their sweet tooth.
- Enjoy a glass of wine at Snow Peaks Winery. Visit this award-winning winery and sip on a glass of wine while selecting food pairings from their many different options, such as local jellies, chocolates, cheeses, and so much more.
- What’s more romantic than a waterfall hike? Head out to Bridal Veil Falls for spectacular views of a 20 ft. waterfall hidden away in Rocky Mountain National Park. Whether it is summer or winter a hike, this is the perfect romantic outing.
- Step outside of downtown Estes Park and head up the short trail to Birch Ruins. This spot offers a birds-eye view of main street and creates the perfect spot to watch the sunset behind the Continental Divide.
- Grab your sweetheart and stop by the Rock Inn Mountain Tavern for an evening of casual drinks and live music. Originally built as a dance hall, this tavern livens up on Friday nights with local Colorado bands performing on their historic stage.
- If you are the adventurous couple, then check out the Open Air Adventure Park. Participate in over 30 different challenges, from tightrope walking to crossing rope bridges and bond with your significant other in an entirely new way!
- Catch a movie at the Historic Park Theatre. As the oldest operating movie theatre in the United States, that was originally built as a movie theatre, this little hidden gem is a great spot for date night in Estes Park.